Airbnb recently held a Twitter meet up for hosts via the Airbnb AirAcademy that focused on how to be a 5 star Airbnb host.
I’ve summarised the major points that were discussed.
- Put yourself in the guest’s shoes. Anticipate needs. The best hosts do this well
- Read the official Airbnb Hosting manual
- Communicate! Prior to and during the stay – check in with guest. Be available. All helps create trust + a smooth stay.
- Underpromise, Over deliver. Set expectations appropriately. Do not promise what you cannot deliver.
- Go above and beyond. Examples: stock room with a Lonely Planet guide to your city, subway maps, local restaurant menus
- Communicate & build a rapport with guests before arrival; so when they arrive they feel more comfortable.
- Above & beyond: provide basic toiletries. I keep shampoo, conditioner, soap in shared BR for communal use + toothbrushes
- Above & beyond: Surprise guests with a bottle of wine, hor d’oeuvres on their arrival night. Sky’s the limit for A+B.
- Stock room with a LonelyPlanet guide to your city, subway maps, local restaurant menus
- Get yourself some free Airbnb Host Business Cards
Lastly they provided a number of examples of excellent Airbnb host listings from new hosts
And a great listing from a Superhost in San Francisco
Have any other Airbnb Hosting Tips? Please share them with us in the comments.