Airbnb has this week re-introduced their Superhost program for eligible hosts. Here is how to become a Superhost.
The Superhost program was available back when we started with Airbnb in 2012, it had some fairly vague guidelines on how to become one and even after applying the scheme was shutdown in 2013 to be re-introduced at future date.
This week Airbnb took the covers off the new program, which automatically endows those hosts that meet certain criteria to be dubbed Superhosts.
Here are the eligibility criteria
- You must have accepted at least 10 guests within the previous calendar year
- At least 80% of the reviews you have must be 5 star
- Your response rate for messages must be 90% or above
- Completed each of your confirmed reservations without cancelling
Superhosts are evaluated each quarter with the dates being 1 January, 1 April, 1 July & 1 October. If you pass the selection criteria above then you will automatically qualify and the badge will be added to your listing.
Superhosts are also granted a unique set of Airbnb benefits
- The profile badge, that lets Airbnb travellers know you are one of the elite hosts.
- A $USD100 travel voucher for each full year you remain a Superhost
- Priority phone support which will be available from 1 November 2014
- Airbnb will invite Superhosts to preview upcoming releases and attend exclusive events.